How are you doing? No, really. How are you?
Blue Collar Post Collective proudly curates a private Facebook group hosting a mental and emotional health support community for post production pros. Relevant discussions include work-life balance, job difficulties, depression and anxiety, and advice seeking. We have a host of guidelines members must follow to keep the discussion open, welcoming, and focused. The group is administrated primarily by our Mental Health Coordinator Katie Toomey, along with other BCPC leadership. Each request for entry to the group is screened.
While we also welcome mental health discussion in the main BCPC Facebook group, this auxiliary private group is meant for deeper and more focused discussions and requests for advice. It offers a little more privacy for delicate matters. It's not indexed in search. As such, it is more tightly moderated and has a few more guidelines for posting than our main group.
We welcome all kinds of discussion, whether it's venting, asking for advice, posting artwork, or anything else. Or you can just listen.
We also offer private guidance via email or direct messages if you prefer.
Facebook Group Guidelines:
1. In the event of a medical emergency, always call 911 first. If you are in immediate need of mental help, feel suicidal or have any extreme feelings, you should contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255. This group is for support, but please recognize that we are your peers and not
2. Listen first, then only react if it’s appropriate.
3. Treat one another with respect and accept everyone’s experience as valid. No flame wars, no judgement. We’re all here to learn from each other.
4. Never share any posts outside this group unless the author has given explicit permission. Do not screen-shot posts or steal artwork for reposting elsewhere.
5. Treat this group as though you would treat a real-life support group. If you see your peers in here, allow them their privacy on the outside. Don’t gossip about their challenges or opinions to others, and they’ll do the same for you.
6. All posts may be moderated to assure balance and equal access to advice and discussion. If you have questions, please ask.
7. Please refrain from promoting your own products or any products that seek to replace medical professionals. Book recommendations, yoga class suggestions -- those are fine. "Stop taking medication by subscribing to my guide"? No.
8. Anyone who does not abide by these guidelines repeatedly may be removed from the group in order to keep it a safe place for others. We’ll talk to you about it.
9. If you want assistance finding a local doctor or therapist, we will always provide you those resources in a timely manner.